I had the opportunity to attend microsoft ignite the tour and it was really great! My first experience attending as a working developer. It was not a very dev focused event. Much of the content were actually more relevant for IT Pros but still very relevant for me.
The sessions I attended were quite intense but it did give me an opportunity to get a birds eye view of what’s out there so I can decide on what I should be focusing on.
Key takeaways for me were as follows:
- Explore Azure Key Vault for storing secrets ( only really effective when the apps are also hosted on azure )
- Ramp up on the DevOps side of the story. Resources are available on
- You can do A/B testing with Azure apps by means of deployment slots and specifying %traffic directed to each slot
- Azure blob storage can now host “static” html (html, css, js)
- ActiveLogin.Net is an opensource project that allows for BankID authentication.
- Explore Azure Search Service as an option to offload search operations on web applications
- Pluralsight tracks in line with Role Based Certifications: